Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Years

Three, Two, One, BOOM !

It was the last day of the month; the last day of the year. As soon as the bright light shined through my windows, I woke up with this excited feeling in my stomach. I thought to myself, "WOOO! It's party time again!" Even though we just had Christmas parties with everyone, it has been a while since our family had a party at our house, and this time, we'll be starting the new year off at my house. As the men in the house started barbecuing and getting ready for tonight, my mother and I set up the dining table and cleaned up the rest of the house---we did not want to start of the year in a messy house. Time passed and I waited, sitting on my couch for my cousins to arrive. It was around five when I thought, "Finally!" as people started to come. I couldn't wait to eat and pop fireworks. My brother said prayer before we ate dinner and he prayed for all of us to have a great new year. When my cousins and I finished eating, we all went outside to pop fireworks. Tik-tok tik-tok... Before we knew it, it was five minutes before the clock struck midnight. We grabbed all our big fireworks, and set them down in a line, connecting them with the magic whip. When there was two minutes left of 2009, we lit the whip as we watched it work its way to light up all the fireworks we lined up. When the year is finally over, and a new one begins, we always hug each other, families, friends, neighbors; it's was like a tradition. Finally, the count off began... TEN... NINE... EIGHT... SEVEN... SIX... FIVE... FOUR... THREE... TWO... ONE... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment