Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Allusion Poem Final

I was once all alone and abandoned.
Having no one to turn to
Except for my speechless pal.

Then a friend came along
and I taught him what was right and wrong.
Together, we completed his roundup.

I was once all alone and afraid.
Trapped in a box,
With my hair tied in a braid.

During the day
a sheriff came along,
Helping us escape all that's wrong

Although I was once afraid and abandoned
I am brave, never showing my sadness.
I am athletic and I love to play,
especially with my rescuer
and my four-legged buddy.

In my new home,
there's more than just the roundup.
I no longer have to be all alone and blue
Because I know I've got a friend in you.

1 comment:

  1. ONE PAGE REFLECTION:
    When selecting a story or myth for my allusion poem, I had a really difficult time. At first, I wanted my allusion to be Artemis, the greek goddess of the hunt. But then I searched for other stories, other characters that would relate to me more and I decided to base my poem upon the story of Jessie, from Toy Story. I chose Jessie because she was once all alone but then she found new friends. She was also very athletic and she gets very excited. Most of Jessie's traits and her story relate to me.
    For my poem, some techniques I used was repetition. I used the words like afraid and abandoned about every other stanza. I started off from the past of my characters story for the beginning, and worked it up to the present. I have a little bit rhyming too. I wrote about Jessie's characteristics as well as my own.
    For my graphic, I used a picture of me being happy. That's to show how I no longer have to be 'alone and blue' after I escaped from the 'box.' I used artistic effects to make it look like the picture is a cartoon or a drawing. I also used the drop shadow and the outer and inner glow so the images wouldn't look choppy.
    My poem and graphic help me to think about myself and appreciate my life more. It made me dig deep into heart and it taught me more than I knew. Writing this poem and creating the graphic made me learn a lot about myself. It also helped me understand and appreciate the world a little better because many people can probably relate to all of these characters, myths, and stories.

    ReplyDelete