Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Project Icarus Journal #2: Essay: Data and Information gathering

My project, my passion, is my family. But more specifically, my project is about my father and his baseball past. I never had second thoughts about what my father did in the past, all I knew was that he played baseball. What I didn't know was that he was a very good baseball player and ended up playing in the minor leagues.

The product on my project is going to be a short documentary. In order to make my product a success, I am going to interview my father about his baseball history, his feelings when he got drafted, what was his most memorable game, and why baseball was HIS passion. I am also going to interview Carl Furatani, one of his college coaches, about what it was like coaching Mario and how he felt when my dad got drafted.

I am also going to use old sports newspapers about my dad and baseball that my mother saved. I am going to use quotes and sentences from the newspaper about what and how my father did playing baseball. Also, I'm going to scan all of the newspapers and include it in my video to show how my father was a big topic for sports.

For my documentary, I also have to film old videos of my father's baseball games and some interviews so I can use it for b-roll. I'm also going to look through old albums to find photos of my dad playing baseball and the teams he played for to include in my documentary. The videos and pictures will be essential for b-roll of my dad's past.

No comments:

Post a Comment